In my last post I talked about the good & bad points when freelancing as a web designer, I promised that I would give some tips on tools that help with work flow, inspiration, and how to be just down right productive.
1. Flywheel Hosting is a premium WordPress hosting company built specifically for designers, freelancers and creative agencies. This is possibly the best thing you can do for yourself and for you clients, GET on flywheel NOW! It's the real deal, blazing fast, they do all the setup work for you, all you have to do is send your wordpress content & database file over & they get it all setup, that simple. Wanna setup hosting ready for the client to take over the billing? yeah that's easy too. What about adding a CDN?To easy just add it to your plan for $10 extra a month, & your site is on over 20 servers around the globe, for supper fast loading times. I give these guys 5 stars for there amazing customer service.
Pricing: starting from $15/month
2. Google Keep, not much to say other than it's awesome for making lists for what you want to work on the next day, or any helpful ideas you want to take down. You can now upload images too. Works well across mobile & desktop. I use this app daily for increased productivity.
3. Harvest, is awesome... Simple time tracking, fast online invoicing, and powerful reporting software. Simplify employee time sheets and billing. For simple clean management of all my invoices and quotes, I really do recommend these guys, infact I even give them a shout out in my footer.
Price: Free - but trust me spend the $12/month its worth every penny
4. Asana is a web and mobile application designed to enable teamwork without email. It was founded by Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz and ex-engineer Justin Rosenstein, who both worked on improving the productivity of employees at Facebook. I use Asana for keeping all of my clients details safe & secure.
5. Dribbble is a show & tell for designers, the quality of work is top notch. Dribble is a fantastic place to keep your portfolio of your best work, keep in mind that whatever you put up has to be really good, so no stoke images. The only way to get on dribbble is via invitation, and this is how the quality of work is upheld.
7. Flat Ui Colors is great for quickly getting some nice clean flat colors to work from. This is really simple to use, just click on the desired color and the #ffff color is pasted to your clipboard.